Sunday, August 12, 2007

Everun BT DUN

Yes it works!

After I got wifi working, which was very easy, I thought it was about time to try BT. I setup a pairing with a BT phone, a HP hw6915 smartphone. Then I made a dial-up connection. That's it, it worked. Yes of course it's slow since it's a GPRS connection, but it works. It's useable for email downloading and some light internet browsing.
So, when there's no wifi hotspot around you stil have a way to connect to the internet and enjoy the full internet experience!

Update 13-8-2007: I tried to connect when I was in the train to work, but no-go. I struggled for at least 20 minutes to get it working. The bad thing is that once your phone is connected you can put it away in a pocket, but during the pair and DUN-enabling you have to confirm a few things, which is quite annoying. Anyway, I'll try again.

No comments: